- Drop unnecessary relations from device file programs.
- Code parameters as Key Or RCD data structures.
- Ensure program is using most efficient access path, if not use imbedded *USRSRC to *SETLL to reposition file to avoid unnecessary reads.
- Do not shutdown programs called repeatedly.
- *RTVOBJ calls to static reference files are wrappered in *EXCEXTFUNs and use *ARRAY storage to limit disk IO.
- Null update suppression on *CHGOBJs.
- Look for opportunities to replace 2E record orientated functions with simple SQL statements. E.g. Housekeeping type activites where you need to do mass updates or deletes across large files.
Denormalizing for Speed - Virgil Green, Powerpoint